Welcome to the UW-Madison Epigenetics Program
We are an inclusive group of researchers that endeavor to understand how different phenotypes can be generated from a single genome. The collection of UW-Madison researchers offers a diverse perspective on the growing fields of epigenetics and chromatin-based regulation of gene expression. This website is intended to share information about events, faculty and resources available within our epigenetics community. This rich research community also provides an excellent training environment for current and prospective Graduate students and Post-doctoral trainees.
Recent Epigenetics Faculty Publications
- Papale, L. A. Zhang, Q., Li, S., Chen, K., Keles, S., Alisch, R.S., 2015, Genome-wide disruption of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine in a mouse model of autism. Hum Mol Genet, Dec 15;24(24):7121-31. PMID: 26423458
- Sisi Li; Ligia A Papale, Ph.D.; Qi Zhang, Ph.D.; Andy Madrid; Li Chen;Pankaj Chopra, Ph.D.; Sunduz Keles, Ph.D.; Peng Jin, Ph.D, Alisch, R.S., 2015, Genome-wide alterations in hippocampal 5-hydroxymethylcytosine links plasticity genes to acute stress. Neurobiol Dis., Nov 17. pii: S0969-9961(15)30089-9. doi:10.1016/j.nbd.2015.11.010. [Epub ahead of print] PMID:26598390.
- Ma, K.H., Hung, H.A. Srinivasan, R., Xie, H., Orkin, S.H., Svaren, J. Regulation of peripheral nerve myelin maintenance by gene repression through Polycomb Repressive Complex 2, J. Neuroscience 2015, 35(22):8640-52. PubMed PMID: 26041929, PMC Journal In Process
- S H Lee, E R Albright, J H Lee, D Jacobs, and R F Kalejta. Cellular defense against latent colonization foiled by human cytomegalovirus UL138 protein. Science Advances, 2015 vol. 1 (10) pp. e1501164-e1501164.
- Turton, K. B., Annis, D. S., Rui, L., Esnault, S. & Mosher, D. F. Ratios of Four STAT3 Splice Variants in Human Eosinophils and Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma Cells. PLoS ONE 10, e0127243 (2015).
- Zhang, T., Marand, A. P. & Jiang, J. PlantDHS: a database for DNase I hypersensitive sites in plants. NAR) 36(Database-Issue (2015). doi:10.1093/nar/gkv962
- Zhu, B., Zhang, W., Zhang, T., Liu, B. & Jiang, J. Genome-Wide Prediction and Validation of Intergenic Enhancers in Arabidopsis Using Open Chromatin Signatures. Plant Cell (2015). doi:10.1105/tpc.15.00537